Governor Lombardo signed 536 bills that reached his desk this legislative session, and almost 200 went party or fully into effect on July 1st. These are some of the main bills that are now in effect:
- AB226– Allows DACA recipients who move to Nevada to qualify for in-state college tuition within one year of living in the state.
- AB285– One of two bills passed this session to overhaul the state’s restorative justice law.
- AB400– Education bill: creates an early education literacy fund, gives the ability for the Commission on School Funding to track student performance, authorization of charter school transportation funding.
- SB163 –Insurance coverage of gender-affirming care.
- SB294 – Requires gun dealers include a locking device when they sell or transfer a gun.
- SB315 – ‘Bill of rights’ for people with disabilities, including K-12 students.
- SB431– Governor’s government modernization bill
- Cortez Masto Leads Legislation To Help Women In Anti-Abortion States Access Reproductive Care
- Rosen’s Bipartisan Bill to Expand Affordable Child Care Availability Advances Out of Committee
- Rosen, Lankford Lead Bipartisan Senate and House Abraham Accords Caucuses Meeting with Israeli President Herzog
- Rosen, Blackburn, Schneider, Bilirakis Introduce Bipartisan Resolution Urging European Union to Fully Designate Hezbollah A Terrorist Organization
- Amodei Votes in Favor of National Defense Authorization Act
- Congressman Horsford Meets with Israeli President Herzog Ahead of Joint Address
- Congressman Horsford Applauds First of Its Kind Targeted Fund to Address Housing Crisis in Nevada
- Congresswoman Lee Leads Legislation to Help Women Find and Access Reproductive Care
- Congresswoman Lee Introduces Legislation to Strengthen Nevada’s Direct Care Workforce
- Rosen, congressional Democrats maintain fundraising advantages as 2024 cycle kicks off- NV Independent
Updates from the Governor’s Office
- Governor Lombardo Announces New Boards and Commissions Appointments
- Governor Lombardo and State Superintendent Ebert Announce First Round of $70 Million in Funding for Early Childhood Education Programs
State Agency and Local Government Updates
- Attorney General Ford Announces Settlement with Walmart for Alleged Violations of Nevada Law Regarding Shelf and Register Pricing
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport Reaches Highest Passenger Traffic Records Since 2008
- RTC receives $630,000 to study sustainable, equitable transit and mobility infrastructure in the greater Las Vegas area
- CCSD Grows Region Leadership To Balance Needs And Services
- Advocates fear homeless funding passed during legislative session won’t be sustainable- NV Independent
- Analysis: Which lawmakers were most likely to go against their party?- NV Independent
- Analysis: Which lawmakers had the most, fewest bills passed in the 2023 session?- NV Independent
- Tropicana demolition plan on hold as A’s finalize ballpark plan- LVRJ